Friday, July 25, 2008

It's all about the attitude.

Yesterday was the day I was due with our second baby. The day started out rough. I hated the fact that I had to spend the day preparing for a tooth repair at the dentist, rather than preparing for the birth of our baby. I took a shower and broke down. We lost a baby. Joel is losing his job. What's next???? Then, God kind of chuckled at me and said, "You are totally missing what you HAVE because you are focusing on what you DON'T have."

Wow. It's so easy to fall into that trap. Yes, it's frustrating that it took two years to get pregnant and then we lost that baby. However, we have a WONDERFUL son who I very much take advantage of. I get so caught up in the future, that I often miss what's going on NOW. In my own house. With the child God has already given me.

So I went on to think about what I do have...
*a great husband who is so concerned about providing for his family, the minute he heard he won't have a job in sixty days, he sent a resume to every job he qualified for, and even some he didn't.
*a sweet, sweet little boy who loves to do things with his mom. He's funny; he's creative; he's empathetic. He's awesome.
*a house over our head. No, it's not huge, but it's enough. And it's more than a lot of people have.
*a job. A great job, actually. One that allows me to spend vacations and summers with my kid. And, once he's in school, one that allows me to be in the same building as my kid.
*most importantly, I have a God who really does look out for what's best for me. He knows why we lost our baby. He knows why Joel is losing his job. We just have to trust the fact that He knows. Tricky, yes. But totally doable.

Yes, it's okay to have goals and wishes and desires. But you can't dwell on the what-ifs. Live today. God's got tomorrow ready for you.

3 comments:

melanie said...

You're completely right, it's all about attitude. Still praying hon. :) Thank you for posting this, I needed the reminder today!

Julie Lynn said...

Kristin,
You don't know me, but there is a link to your blog on another blog I read, so here I am. I really believe that it is in times like these, that God shows himself in ways that you wouldn't see if everything was perfect. It is times like these that your faith will shine to those around you. It will make all those people in your life that do not know the Lord take a step back and be in awe that you can still praise God in the midst of a storm!
Great attitude!

Julie

SmilingsMyFavorite said...

Kristin,
This was a great post. Keep me posted on what's goin on in your life, k?

About Me

My Photo
Kristin
I'm Kristin. Married since 2002 to a super cool guy named Joel. We have a super amazing boy named Luke and a super cuddly pup named McCarthy. I'm not a very consistent blogger (at all) but I do go in spurts. I like to keep people on their edge of their seats. Ha!
View my complete profile

Add My Button

Powered by Blogger.

Labels

Followers

Blog Design By

Photobucket