We had such a fun, nothing-to-do, Saturday morning. We woke up fairly early- me waaay earlier than everyone else, like always. We were all up by 7:30. We decide to have breakfast at Bob Evans-- we're such old people! But man are their kids meals CHEAP!!! Anyway, we decide we were going to take our overflowing recycling bin to the park's recycling center. So we loaded up the wagon & walked on over. Our recycling trip turned into a total nature walk! We saw so many cool things! A bunch of Canada geese with their goslings... a blue heron... a giant mushroom growing on the side of the tree... a cardinal... a mallard duck family with nine babies... a turtle family of three... it was so much fun! AND we got a 2.5 mile walk in, as well, by the time we walked to the farmer's market and back home. Woo hoo for us!!! This makes me want summer even more now-- come on FRIDAY- my first day officially off of school. :)
I was just tagged! I'm a virgin taggee, so I'm assuming I am supposed to answer the questions and tag someone else? LOL I was tagged for this by Lysa of Polka Dot Days. Here goes nothin'!
4 things I was doing 10 years ago....
1. I was a recent college grad, enjoying my last few days of doing nothing.
2. Planning for my teaching job in Ecuador.
3. Getting ready to work my first factory job for the summer.
4. Living with my grandma.
4 things I was doing 5 years ago...
1. I had just found out I was pregnant with Luke.
2. I was in my third year of teaching second grade... just ending it, actually.
3. Getting ready to celebrate my first anniversary to Joel.
4. Gearing up for teaching yet another year of ESL Summer School.
4 things I did yesterday...
1. Went on a field trip to the park to meet our pen pals.
2. Ate at the newly opened Taco Time. It was yummy, but I don't know about $17/family yummy.
3. Did a few digital scrapbook pages.
4. Bought the last Wii Fit at Walmart.
4 shows I like to watch...
1. The Office
2. How I Met Your Mother
3. What Not to Wear
4. Jon and Kate + 8
4 things I love to do...
1. take my kid places- the park, swimming lessons, the movies, nature walks, etc.
2. digital design/scrapbooking
3. organize (though you'd never know it by looking at my house!)
4. go out to eat
I am tagging the following wonderful girls for the meme: Joy, and Sarah at JunieBags.
And then, as most of you know, we've been trying to have our second child for about two years now. I thought for SURE this was the month. I even had a dream on Tuesday night-- several of them-- that I got the BRIGHTEST pink positive pregnancy test EVER. I woke up, took one test out of my bulk stash under the sink. Big. Fat. Freakin'. Negative. Then, I get online and one of my goodest friends ever announces she's pregnant. I am thrilled for her. I really am. But it's SO hard. Especially when her announcement comes after only a few months of trying. It's a roller coaster of feelings for me. I would NOT want anyone to go through what we're going through. Not EVER. So, of course, I'm so super excited for her. But then it's like, "Why? Why not me?"
Anyway. That's my sob story. And, really, I'm 110% better today than I was yesterday. I was a mess yesterday. Today I'm completely fine with it. Except for the fact that lil' Miss Aunt Flo came for her visit... that's not so fun. Hee hee.
- I'm Kristin. Married since 2002 to a super cool guy named Joel. We have a super amazing boy named Luke and a super cuddly pup named McCarthy. I'm not a very consistent blogger (at all) but I do go in spurts. I like to keep people on their edge of their seats. Ha!
My Blog List
- be healthy. (2)
- blessed. (2)
- boy. (3)
- celebrate. (2)
- creativity. (17)
- encourage. (1)
- family. (14)
- favorites. (7)
- food. (11)
- fun. (20)
- journey. (2)
- life. (6)
- live frugally. (1)
- love. (3)
- menu. (1)
- music. (1)
- organized. (9)
- photos. (5)
- school. (1)
- scrapbook. (4)
- summer. (2)
- teaching. (6)
- trips. (2)
- words. (2)
- ► 2009 (90)
- ▼ May (6)