Saturday, January 8, 2011

Weekend Update

Well, today is Day One of the family weight-loss challenge. Woooooooo-doggy am I hungry today! Saturday is not a good day to start. If it were a weekday, at least I'd have school to distract me. But here I sit with my bag of baby carrots (heh, heh... the ingredients are actually listed on the outside of the bag. It says, "Ingredients: Carrots") & 3rd refill on my 24-oz water bottle. I think I'm going to float away.

So my goals... how'm I doin'?

Be a healthier me.
1. I weighed in today. I gained 15 of the 40 pounds I lost last year at this time. I'm glad I'm jumping back on the wagon right now. Better late than never, no?

2. As dinner cooks, I'm still a good 700 calories below my range. And dinner smells soooooooo good right now.

3. I went to the gym this morning. They got four new elliptical machines. They are fancy-schmancy. (Note to self: Find those headphones! That was a looooong 30 minutes without them!)

Be encouraging.
This one has been EXTREMELY hard for me lately. I try. I really do. But I feel like I'm on a team by myself this week. It was hard to be encouraging. Oh and I was sick.

Live frugally.
I didn't spend much money at all this week, except for groceries. And I spent a lot on groceries. It's expensive to eat healthy! That said, I didn't waste money. So that's good. Right?

So that's my goal update. In other news, we had a dumping of snow last night. I totally was not expecting it. Like at all. It's pretty, though, in all of its deepness. We probably got a foot here.

And now it's time to take my buffalo chicken sandwich and watch the Colts beat the Jets.

1 comments:

Shannan Martin said...

Yay you!!

And I had no clue about the snow, either. All of the other times that they SAY we'll be getting a bunch, I'm all excited and stocking up on milk and such and it never happens. This time, I wake up and it's here and there's no milk in the fridge, dang it.

About Me

My Photo
Kristin
I'm Kristin. Married since 2002 to a super cool guy named Joel. We have a super amazing boy named Luke and a super cuddly pup named McCarthy. I'm not a very consistent blogger (at all) but I do go in spurts. I like to keep people on their edge of their seats. Ha!
View my complete profile

Add My Button

Powered by Blogger.

Labels

Followers

Blog Design By

Photobucket