Tuesday, August 3, 2010

To wake or not to wake?

This is the week we start getting Luke back on a school bedtime schedule. We failed miserably last night. Our goal was to have him in bed by 8:45. He didn't get there until about 9:45. He and dad had some major bonding time, so that's okay. But tonight, we have to!

I know he'll go to sleep easier if I wake him early in the morning. But that means a few things from me. a.) I have to get up early myself. b.) I have to deal with Mr. Grouch all day. c.) I don't get this quiet time in the morning when he's still sleeping.

So, he's still sound asleep at 8:21 a.m.

Tomorrow. I'll start tomorrow. Right?

How do you get your kid ready for a new school with his sleeping schedule? Or are you one of those good moms and dads that keep them on their schedule all summer long so there isn't a difference? Hee hee.

4 comments:

Darcy said...

You know..you don't HAVE to get him up early the first few days.Just let him go to bed a little earlier, let him sleep a little more and edge back wake-up time.

Thankfully, we don't have to worry about sleep schedules since we're at home, but I do draw the line when Daddy wants to have a stay-up night every night!

Jo said...

I think this is one of the greatest mysteries of motherhood. We're leaving on vacation today, so I won't start until next week. If you figure it out before then, will you let me know? My own little guy has kept some frighteningly late nights this summer, so returning to routine won't be easy!

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

My kids wake up at the crack of dawn naturally. Which is a real detriment unless they do have to go to school.

We've always been pretty hard & fast about bedtime because of this crack of dawn thing.It's the only way they get enough sleep. But this summer we've slacked a bit. They've gone to bed as late as 9:30 some nights but we try to keep it between 8:30-9 since 8:30 is their new school bedtime

Mandy said...

I'm a horrible mother and make my children go to bed at their regular bedtime all year, unless we're away on vacation. This is why my children wake up at 6:30 every morning as well.

About Me

My Photo
Kristin
I'm Kristin. Married since 2002 to a super cool guy named Joel. We have a super amazing boy named Luke and a super cuddly pup named McCarthy. I'm not a very consistent blogger (at all) but I do go in spurts. I like to keep people on their edge of their seats. Ha!
View my complete profile

Add My Button

Powered by Blogger.

Labels

Followers

Blog Design By

Photobucket