Monday, June 15, 2009

TWA: A perfect summer day.

At the beginning of each week at The Dressing Room, I post "This Week's Assignment," or TWA. This week's topic: What is a perfect summer day to you?

That's what today is. It's gorgeous outside. (So why am I inside???) Sunny. 79 degrees. Warm in the sun. Cool in the shade. Soft breeze. This is how I love my summer.

Each Monday is the special program at the library. Luke and I pick up Brady and the two little five-year-olds hang out all morning together, playing with trains, reading books, and learning how to be creative. Today's theme was Being Creative in the Garden. They each got to plant a sunflower seed to bring home.

Afterwards, the boys and I have planned to come home and have lunch at our house or head to McDonald's and play in the PlayPlace. I originally going going to do the McDonald's route because, well, my house already looks like two five-year-olds had a hay day inside. :) However, it was gorgeous outside. (Have I mentioned that it was gorgeous outside?) So I emailed Sarah and mentioned having a picnic at the park. So that's what we did. The boys spent about an hour playing before they ate. Then Sarah and Hannah joined us for lunch. Then, they played for another good hour or so. Sarah and I sat under the shade of the Cottonwood trees and just chatted.

I love summer. At least summer days like this. Ask me how I love summer at the end of the week... 90s and humid! But that's another assignment.

*********************

Luke & Brady on a perfect day last May.

1 comments:

Amanda said...

Really sounds like a wonderful, summer day, Kristin! Especially the picnic!

About Me

My Photo
Kristin
I'm Kristin. Married since 2002 to a super cool guy named Joel. We have a super amazing boy named Luke and a super cuddly pup named McCarthy. I'm not a very consistent blogger (at all) but I do go in spurts. I like to keep people on their edge of their seats. Ha!
View my complete profile

Add My Button

Powered by Blogger.

Labels

Followers

Blog Design By

Photobucket