Friday, August 7, 2009

Favorites Friday: Hacienda


Ahhhhh, Hacienda. Just saying the word makes my mouth water for their warm, salty, fresh tortilla chips dipped in salsa and ranch dip. Or sometimes I'll sneak a dip into Joel's white cheese dip when he's not looking.

If it was up to me, we would eat at Hacienda every time we go out for a meal. I have my usual entree- the chicken & cheese burrito combo with white chili. And they put a dallop of sour cream on the chili, so I don't have to get sour cream for my burrito... I just scoop it out of my chili! (I am so smart, aren't I?) Sometimes I'll jump out of the box and order their grilled chicken burritos (in the picture, on the left) or the chicken grande quesadilla. Mmmmm... When I can convince Joel to go with me, he usually gets the Torte Cubano, which is pretty tasty, too. The bread is pretty spicy, which I've never had spicy bread before.

If you have any room at the end of the meal, which normally is impossible, especially if you keep getting your unlimited refills on your chips & salsa. But if you do have room, you MUST get dessert. And that dessert MUST be a Chocolate Mudslide. Oh my word. It's to die for. Hot skillet. Chocolate chip cookie dough. Ice cream on top. Chocolate syrup on that. Melts all over the skillet so you have to eat it as fast as you possibly can. And it's definitely something to share... have them bring a spoon for everyone.

Great. Now I'm hungry for a mudslide. I could just skip the meal and go straight for the dessert. YUM.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Kristin
I'm Kristin. Married since 2002 to a super cool guy named Joel. We have a super amazing boy named Luke and a super cuddly pup named McCarthy. I'm not a very consistent blogger (at all) but I do go in spurts. I like to keep people on their edge of their seats. Ha!
View my complete profile

Add My Button

Powered by Blogger.

Labels

Followers

Blog Design By

Photobucket