Monday, July 19, 2010

Brought to you by this delicious breakfast...

One of my friends posted a Facebook status that had me drooling yesterday morning. Baked Peach Oatmeal. Of course I had to get the recipe. And fortunately for Luke and me, I had everything I needed to make it this morning. Oh my word. It's so delish! I made two and a half times the recipe so I could give some away, which is why my quantities look so huge.

Pick out 1-2 ripe, juicy peaches. Peel them & slice them thinly or chop them. I sliced and then chopped them.

Mouth watering yet? Just wait...

Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Mix the rest of the ingredients in a small bowl.

Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Add the peaches, except for a handful to put on top of the oatmeal.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes.

It's done baking when the edges are toasty brown and the middle is set.


Dish into a bowl and pour warm milk over the top. (If you eat it straight out of the oven, the oatmeal will warm up your milk & the milk will cool down the oatmeal... perfect!) Enjoy!



3 comments:

Darcy said...

I bet the boys would LOOOOVE that! Thanks, Kristin!
~Darcy

Michelle said...

Yum! Baked oatmeal is a favorite here. While I was reading this, I realized I have all the ingredients- including overly ripe peaches- and will probably make some tonight. Thanks for the inspiration!

m :)

Shannan Martin said...

It's official - you are my culinary soul sister. (Minus the milk on top. Soggy alert! Soggy alert!)

About Me

My Photo
Kristin
I'm Kristin. Married since 2002 to a super cool guy named Joel. We have a super amazing boy named Luke and a super cuddly pup named McCarthy. I'm not a very consistent blogger (at all) but I do go in spurts. I like to keep people on their edge of their seats. Ha!
View my complete profile

Add My Button

Powered by Blogger.

Labels

Followers

Blog Design By

Photobucket