Saturday, July 17, 2010

random ramblings.

So I have a small list of "things to do before summer is over." It really started sinking in this week. I've only done one thing on that list. And summer is basically over in 2 and a half weeks. I need to get busy!

The one thing I have checked off my list is the garage sale. It wasn't so much to have a garage sale, but to declutter my house & basement and get a little cash out of it. We managed to make almost $250 in two days! I was so proud of myself- I actually sent a LOT of the leftover to Goodwill! It felt SO good not to bring that junk home.

*I kept the kids clothes to take to the new local kids' consignment shop, who gives you 50% of what she makes. Not too shabby!

*The baby bedding I'm going to relist on Craigslist for less than I had it before.

*The GeoTrax I am going to offer them at bargain price to two different people who came to the garage sale for their preschool/daycare. If they don't want it, bargain price to Craigslist.

And that should take care of what's left. WOOT!

Today I'm going to go to Target. I'm going to get new cute sandals. I'm thinking either wedge or t-strap. I got a cute new dress for $14 at OldNavy.com.



You like? I love. And it's SO comfy. And that's the 2nd dress I've bought this summer. That's double of what I've bought since I've been married.

Back to my list of things to do before summer is out.

We want to have a Back to School Bash with an outdoor movie. How fun would that be? But it's going to have to be planned QUICK. Like this weekend. Because we want to have it in less than two weeks. EEP! We'd been wanting to do an outdoor movie for awhile, but Family Fun reminded me in their latest issues, which arrived yesterday.

But as my hubby and I were chatting about it. It doesn't really get dark until 9:30 or 10 (thank you Mr. Daniels for adopting DST for Indiana. Boo.) And the Friday before school starts... most people are trying to reinstall an early bedtime for their kids. So poo. Maybe we can just have a back to school bash without the outdoor movie. And save the outdoor movie for Labor Day. Because, well, having a BBQ with friends is another thing to do before school, and it could be a Back to School BBQ Bash. Right?


1 comments:

Shannan Martin said...

I'm feeling summer tick away, too. Donnnnnn't Gooooooooo!

ps - Love that dress!

About Me

My Photo
Kristin
I'm Kristin. Married since 2002 to a super cool guy named Joel. We have a super amazing boy named Luke and a super cuddly pup named McCarthy. I'm not a very consistent blogger (at all) but I do go in spurts. I like to keep people on their edge of their seats. Ha!
View my complete profile

Add My Button

Powered by Blogger.

Labels

Followers

Blog Design By

Photobucket