Thursday, July 1, 2010

Look at me... Miss Merry Homemaker!

Happy July! I can't believe the summer is half over for me. I've really been enjoying my summer... drinking sun tea, eating fresh produce, and making new recipes.

You will soon learn that I remember a lot of what I read... but I rarely can remember where I read anything. Take, for example, Tuesday's blog post. I knew I had read about our chore system somewhere, but really had no clue where... and I wasn't even sure if it was online or somewhere in real life. (It was in Family Fun magazine, by the way. Thanks to my friend Jessica for reminding me!)

Well, same goes for today's topic. I read somewhere about an amazing pickle recipe. I've never made pickles before. As a matter of fact, I've never made anything in a jar. I've always wanted to... I think canning jars are cute in a hard and breakable kind of way. But I never knew what to do with them. Until now.

Aren't they pretty?
(And I must give credit where credit is due, since I can actually remember the source of my inspiration. When I was doing this and taking the picture, I was totally inspired by my friend & college student council buddy (ha ha!) Shannan. You should follow her blog if you're not already... it's amazing.)

These pickles were so easy to put together. (Hello! I did it for heaven's sake!) The only thing I did different was put them in pint-sized jars instead of quart-sized jars. I'm excited for Friday when I get to open the jars and actually taste them!

What's that? You want the recipe? Oh okay, since you said please.


Happy eating!

6 comments:

Dani said...

Kristen... how long do these last for? Do they need to all stay refrigerated? They look delicious and since we can't have ANY pickles unless they come from whole foods or someplace so this will be a tasty surprise for my oldest!

Kristin said...

Dani- it looks like, as long as you don't open the jar, they'll last quite awhile. Once they're opened, most sites say that they'll last a few months. I would keep them all in the fridge just in case. The recipe I used... I don't remember reading anything that gives guidelines on them, though.

Balinda (RebelChick) said...

I soooo snagged your pickle recipe! Love your photo!

Unknown said...

That photo is B-ueat-i-ful!! Cant wait to make some canned goodies this year, did homemade peach jam last year for the first time.

Wolfie said...

The pickles sound delish! Love the photo!

Ebony Arwen said...

Woo hoo for learning new recipes!
I'm not the biggest fan on pickles, but your photo looks great!
I have a terrible memory at times too. Very selective.
Maybe we should start a club? :p

About Me

My Photo
Kristin
I'm Kristin. Married since 2002 to a super cool guy named Joel. We have a super amazing boy named Luke and a super cuddly pup named McCarthy. I'm not a very consistent blogger (at all) but I do go in spurts. I like to keep people on their edge of their seats. Ha!
View my complete profile

Add My Button

Powered by Blogger.

Labels

Followers

Blog Design By

Photobucket