Monday, July 12, 2010

Good eats, gorgeous beach, beautiful family.

On Saturday we loaded into the car and headed north. Our first stop was the Lighthouse Place in Michigan City. It's an outlet mall. We love outlet malls. And we were good boys and girl. Joel and Luke each got a hat to wear to the Indians game in a couple of weeks. Joel got a pair of $8 jeans from Old Navy. And we hit the Pepperidge Farm outlet and the Harry and David outlet. Luke begged for a bag of fried green peas after trying their sample. So he got it. Why not?


Before leaving the outlet mall, we met someone who wanted to buy one of our Craigslist items (see a couple of posts below). Then, we headed up Red Arrow Highway to our next destination, New Buffalo, Michigan.

(so long, toy organizer!)

New Buffalo is home to my favorite beach within a few hours drive ever. It's small. It's clean. It's beautiful. And every time I'm there, we drive by this cute little restaurant and I want to eat there every. single. time. Well, my wish came true this time. I finally set foot in and got to enjoy the yumminess of The Stray Dog.

Luke had macaroni and cheese (big shocker there, I know). Joel had a Chicago dog. And I had the Windward Turkey Burger. It was SO good. I love guacamole on anything, though. After we were seated (we waited about 15 minutes), we were in and out within about 40 minutes. And our server was the best!

It's good they were fast, because we were meeting some friends at the beach to take their family pictures. Thanks, Clouses, for entrusting me with your family photos... I'm so not a professional so I always get a little worried before I take pictures of anyone. God was looking down on us with favor because he gave us the most gorgeous skies and the most perfect weather. And as soon as it was a little too dark for pictures, in rolled a thunderstorm.

Here are a few of my favorites from the photo shoot.





And one last photo from that night... it was fabulous.


7 comments:

Misty Cato said...

Absolutely stunning photos! Sounds like a wonderful trip.

Nikki said...

wow!!!

Girl, those photos are AMAZING! I love your processing and the photos in general! :)

Meghan said...

LOVE your shots! Wow! Wanna come to Nashville? :)

Sarah Chupp said...

Your pictures are incredible! Matt saw them and we're ready to have you do ours, too. Are you interested? :)

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

wonderful photos!!

Juli Fish said...

Those photos are spectacular! As long as you are driving to Nashville you mine as well keep on driving down to Tampa - we need a family photo. :)

Unknown said...

Seriously beautiful pics Kristin! I could totally see doing a meet up with you sometime down there! I'm sure it's only a few hours from here!

About Me

My Photo
Kristin
I'm Kristin. Married since 2002 to a super cool guy named Joel. We have a super amazing boy named Luke and a super cuddly pup named McCarthy. I'm not a very consistent blogger (at all) but I do go in spurts. I like to keep people on their edge of their seats. Ha!
View my complete profile

Add My Button

Powered by Blogger.

Labels

Followers

Blog Design By

Photobucket