Friday, July 9, 2010

Sweet things.

At this very moment, I'm amazed that my little boy can be so sweet. Because at this very moment he's in his room, with the door closed, screaming into his pillow because I told him he needed to clean his room. Altogether now, "Awwww... so sweet."

Riiiiiiight.

But my little guy does have his sweet moments. One of those times was Wednesday evening as I was making dinner. He runs into the kitchen, ever-so-proud, with a handmade card in his little hands. "I made this for you!!" Of course, I had to stop everything I was doing to take the crookedly folded card with those almost-perfect phonetically spelled words in the most adorable almost-first grade handwriting.

As I read it aloud, as he watched, so excited. But alas. "No, Mom! You did it wrong!" I thought, "Seriously? How could I read this wrong?" But he showed me. With his most adorable little falsetto voice, he sang me the cards. Oh be still my heart. It was the most precious thing I've heard in a very long time. (Anyone else have trouble with attitude at age six?)

Well, that little episode of sweetness must have put me in a super good mood the next morning because we had a breakfast that I'm not sure Luke has ever had before in his life. We had CAKE for breakfast. I wish you could have seen his those big brown eyes light up when I said, "What do you want for breakfast? Cake?" And it was a sweet, sweet morning.


So what's sweet in your life today?

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Kristin
I'm Kristin. Married since 2002 to a super cool guy named Joel. We have a super amazing boy named Luke and a super cuddly pup named McCarthy. I'm not a very consistent blogger (at all) but I do go in spurts. I like to keep people on their edge of their seats. Ha!
View my complete profile

Add My Button

Powered by Blogger.

Labels

Followers

Blog Design By

Photobucket