Thursday, July 22, 2010

Vacation is upon us...

We make a point to go somewhere each summer. Lately, it's just been somewhere to one of the neighboring states. Chicago last year... Cleveland this year. But it's somewhere. And it's good to get away, no matter how far.


Like I said this year is a trip to Cleveland. Joel and I went to Cleveland for our first anniversary. We visited the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. We went to an Indians game.
(Actually, Luke was with us, too, and we have a picture of him at the game. Okay, it was my belly, but he was there!)

So anyway, we enjoyed that trip so we thought we'd make another trip there, this time with Luke outside of my body. ;) Usually I'm the one making the game plan- researching what's suitable for families and what sites are the best to see. But this year, Joel has it planned. We're heading to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame again, of course.


And another Indians game, which the guys are all ready with their jerseys & hats.


But this time we're going to the Great Lakes Science Center...


and to Cuyahoga Falls National Park to maybe find some geocaches and take in the awesomeness of God's creation.


And we're even going to head to visit my in-laws for a few days in their new-ish home!


I have to admit. Until now I haven't been too excited about this year's vacation. Maybe it's because I didn't get to do the planning. Maybe it's because I know that school is just around the corner when we return home. Maybe it's just the fact that I have to get the house ready for my cousin Brent to come and stay for a week with the dog.

But I'm over it. And even though this house is still in need of some attention. Even though school will still start a week and a half after we get back. Even though I didn't do the planning. I'm super excited to spend some quality time with my two favoritist boys in the whole world.

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Kristin
I'm Kristin. Married since 2002 to a super cool guy named Joel. We have a super amazing boy named Luke and a super cuddly pup named McCarthy. I'm not a very consistent blogger (at all) but I do go in spurts. I like to keep people on their edge of their seats. Ha!
View my complete profile

Add My Button

Powered by Blogger.

Labels

Followers

Blog Design By

Photobucket