Friday, July 2, 2010

Wedded Bliss

So I've designated any Friday that I don't have anything else to write about a family day. This past weekend my little cousin, Rachael, got married. Last June she asked me if Luke would want to be the ring bearer, and after checking with him, we excitedly accepted the offer.

(You may think that he's making a face because he doesn't like to dress up all fancy. On the contrary... he LOVES to get dressed up. He just doesn't like the sun in his eyes. And he even told me after this photo, "Um, mom. If you want to get better pictures of me, let's take it inside. The sun makes my eyes all squinty.")

Now this was a bittersweet time for me. You see, Rachael was our house-sitter and dog-sitter when we went on vacation. It was so handy- she'd just come over the day we left for vacation and we wouldn't have to worry about a thing. So when planning our vacation this year, we hit a roadblock. Thankfully we weren't stuck for very long because her younger brother, who just graduated from high school in June, can step up and be The Next Great Dog Sitter. (Sounds like a reality TV show doesn't it?) So thanks, Brent, for filling those shoes.

(This is the only picture I took of Brent through the entire wedding. He's in the glasses. Quite dapper in that tux, I do say.)

Back to our regularly scheduled program... fortunately, Rachael married a super nice guy and they are one of the cutest couples ever. So that kind of trumps the whole "our house/dog sitter is ditching us" bit. The wedding was beautiful. The ring bearer was adorable. (I have to say that.) And I'm looking forward to getting to know Sean at our family get-togethers! Congratulations you guys!

The newlyweds.

4 comments:

Darcy said...

He is darling!!!!!!!!!

Wolfie said...

What a handsome young man you have there!

Jessica knorr said...

aw your son looked adorable :) I love her dress too.

Balinda (RebelChick) said...

he is way too cute...you will have the girls stalking him soon...lol! Congrats to the happy couple..they look so happy together.

About Me

My Photo
Kristin
I'm Kristin. Married since 2002 to a super cool guy named Joel. We have a super amazing boy named Luke and a super cuddly pup named McCarthy. I'm not a very consistent blogger (at all) but I do go in spurts. I like to keep people on their edge of their seats. Ha!
View my complete profile

Add My Button

Powered by Blogger.

Labels

Followers

Blog Design By

Photobucket