Sunday, July 19, 2009

Scrappin' Sunday

Here are a few of the layouts I worked on this week. All were for challenges at Sweet Shoppe Designs except the first, which was for my guest spot on Paper Craft Planet.

For this layout, Jen took a previous layout of mine and made a sketch. Then, I flipped the sketch and made a new one. I used Traci Reed's Bad Sewing Machine Don't Be A Square stitches and Lauren Grier & Penny Springmann's Battle for the Galaxy digital kit, all at Sweet Shoppe Designs.


The next layout, Strawberry Shortcake, was for a Sugarbabe Challenge at Sweet Shoppe, or SSD. We were to scrap a page of something that kept us cool, or entertained over the hot, hot summer. This summer hasn't been particularly hot, but we did have fun with the strawberry shortcake!


The next is for the Sugar Free challenge at SSD. She asked us to journal about failure, using a quote from two of the sites she sited. I used the quote, "Success builds character; failure reveals it." And I journaled about our difficult TTC journey.


Then, lastly, for the journalling challenge, we had to incorporate the phrase, "And then it happened." I was hoping I could scrapbook a page about selling all my baby things in a garage sale "and then it happened..." but that didn't happen. Ha ha! So I opted for a sweet picture of Luke. We were at the zoo and he was sooo grouchy! Then, I finally got him to give me a genuine smile for a picture. :)


And that's it for scrappin' Sunday!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Kristin
I'm Kristin. Married since 2002 to a super cool guy named Joel. We have a super amazing boy named Luke and a super cuddly pup named McCarthy. I'm not a very consistent blogger (at all) but I do go in spurts. I like to keep people on their edge of their seats. Ha!
View my complete profile

Add My Button

Powered by Blogger.

Labels

Followers

Blog Design By

Photobucket

Blog Archive